I suggest you ...

Swipe left for Google Now

I really like this app so so much. However, the one thing I think you guys should add is you know how when you swipe to the left screen on the Google now launcher, and it shows Google now? If you guys could include a feature like that in settings, that would be amazing.

1,900 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Amartya BhattacharyaAmartya Bhattacharya shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe I read that Google will expose this to developers,now that Google Now launcher is being retired.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's easy to do actually, do it for root users only, because it cannot be done for not rooted phones. I did the same thing to pixel launcher to swipe left. Just moving the apk to system apps which takes like 3 minutes at most. It would make this launcher even better than it already is. It would a complete package, all Google official launcher features + so much more that nova can do.

• Neelesh BhagwatNeelesh Bhagwat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok. Action launcher 3 did it, so it can be done! I even bought it. But switched back to nova because.. Folders in app drawer! Now waiting for Nova to do this so I can finally uninstall Action launcher. And yes, I'm ready to set Nova as a system launcher.

• Matthew GarbettMatthew Garbett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully he decides to add this in since Action launcher and others have done it already. I know not all of his audience is rooted but it would be good for that of us that are.

• HellsDelightHellsDelight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually would prefer it the way Oxygen Launcher does. Swipe up to see Google Now (which you can set in Nova Launcher) but then swiping to the left should show something different like the Shelf in OxygenOS. Or is there a way to do such things already?

• Andy WackerAndy Wacker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Action Launcher has two gestures that can be used for an experience like this. Left Screen Edge Horizontal Swipe and Leftmost Home Screen Horizontal Swipe. You can assign those gestures to launch the Google app and it KINDA works like the now and pixel launchers swipe for Google Now.

With better animations it could be dang near perfect. Maybe a functionality idea from which to start?

• Igor Aravkin.Igor Aravkin. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree but swipe left ideal! It would be really great is not enough to swipe left and right.

• William BaileyWilliam Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do "Swipe Up" for Google Now, why not if on the left most page, a left swipe *opens* Google Now? Same thing as the "Swipe Up" feature, but just limit to first page and activate on left instead of up.

• Jared Tamana (Sean)Jared Tamana (Sean) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is impossible as a user app. In order for Swipe Left for Google Now to work, a launcher has to either have special access (like the Google Now Launcher) or be installed as a system app (like the Nexus Launcher).

• PWPW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My use case for this would be to have a single page (which is how I like it) with swipe left to right for Google now and swipe right to left for app drawer. Please add this, even if just a prime option as I have prime already.

• FedericoFederico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some other launchers (which perhaps I shouldn't mention) have support for full screen apps on a side screen and it's probably their only selling point. I guess it would be great for Nova Prime. I'd personally love to see an RSS reader on the left, like feedly or even better finding a deal with the new "Quote" app by the creator of Fenix for Twitter.

• Avi ShahAvi Shah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this for Google Now and Flipboard. But it could be for any app, like swipe left for a full screen Facebook app!

• Michael Z3777Michael Z3777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Easy, add another desktop screen to the left of your homescreen.
        add a full screen widget- Google

Done!"
        leads to something completely different - that is no alternative solution with regard to the missing feature.

I would also love to have the left swipe feature, as for example Action Launcher also provides for it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base