I suggest you ...

Drag and drop apps onto other app in App Drawer to create folders

In the app drawer, dragging one app on top of another app would create a folder with those apps inside. (As seen in Go Launcher

2,073 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Terry JonesTerry Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joris van den OutenaarJoris van den Outenaar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another option might be to long-press empty space in the app drawer to create a folder.

On top of this, it would be really neat if we could just drag apps into the folders as well. Having to add an app through the menu, then delete its duplicate is way to tedious a process.

To drag apps to the home screen, you could make it so dragging an app to the side of the screen and holding it there will take it to the home screen.

• darksun b (dark5un)darksun b (dark5un) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow up till now I thought that I was the only one who wanted this but still its been years and not implemented in any form in the many versions since then.

I have tones of apps and Nova is a nightmare to use at times!

I actually reinstalled Go Launcher which used to be my favorite launcher till i bought prime and well i think i might just go back.

• kapilkapil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes this is must and most common feature in android.
        Please have it in nova launcher as well.

• KeniaKenia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1! it's absolutely crazy the way you have to deal with to create folders in app drawer! You actually can do it, but it's waaaay to complicated! Please fix it!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering Go Launcher had this feature a few years back when it was my launcher of choice, it is a real disappointment not to have it in Nova Prime. It just adds that extra bit of convenience.

• MauricioMauricio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a former user of Go Laucher, I've been waiting for this new feature to be implemented in the New Launcher for ages. Please, devs, we need that!

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the single biggest reason why I hate Nova Launcher. I was so excited after hearing all the good things about it expecting it to be better than go launcher. Nope. As of right now Go Launcher wins because it is simply more intuitive. I want this to be best I really do. Just right now it fall short. BIG TIME

• gerxpgerxp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It takes way too long to organise 100+ apps into folders without this option.
        So please implement this feature.

• ArgeliusArgelius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm new to Nova and was disappointed there is no option for app drawer organization. I thought there was with the ability to create new tabs there, but I can't see any way to actually add apps to those tabs. Am I missing something?

• Ethan S.Ethan S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This with landing zones for desktop or next tab would be great. Option to hide when "moving" or make a copy after dropping.

• James WilsonJames Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just for folders too but for complete reorganizing, like on iOS or Go Launcher. I like to have my goole products on the first app page and in order of how much I use them, and this alone is what keeps me from Nova :L

• Perilla_Perilla_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Click the three dots (menu) -> Edit App drawer

This could enable the drag and drop without going to the desktop, allowing create folders and move apps to other tabs.

• David SchweglerDavid Schwegler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tag Home had an edit mode which allowed you to click on apps and check the categories directly. I would be thrilled if you could have a similar edit mode here where you could drag around icons into folders. The process of the separate screens is brutally lengthy if you install a bunch of new apps and need to categorize them all.

• DuolosDuolos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The lack of folder options is the ONLY thing holding me to Go Launcher at the moment.

If I drag and drop within the drawer to put an icon into a folder, it should no longer be visible OUTSIDE that folder (within the app drawer). That folder should then also be easily addable to the desktop.

This is really a curious omition. Hopefully they'll get it added soon. I'm an organization freak and need this :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base