I suggest you ...

Custom sorting in App Drawer

Sorting folders and apps in custom way, like TouchWiz. Still allow the option to sort alphabetically and folders first, but make a custom sorting in both App Drawer and inside folders in App Drawer.

9,138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lasse MandrupLasse Mandrup shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    HiteshHitesh shared a merged idea: there should be an option to rearrange apps in the drawer  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Option to sort apps in drawer by usage, so that recently used apps are showing first.  ·   · 
    ToddTodd shared a merged idea: add a 'recently installed' sort option for the App and Widget Drawer  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: Manual rearrangement of the applications in the app drawer  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: sorty app drawer  ·   · 
    MihutMihut shared a merged idea: Custom sort of apps in drawer  ·   · 

323 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DJVikingDJViking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature request is now marked as started. Marvelous... Hope it is coming soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought Nova Prime for my Sony Xperia S in 2012. After like 2 or 3 days i decided to uninstall it and never go back to Nova coz no sorting in app drawer.
        Today i tried it again for my Sony Z5. I was shocked, when i figured it out there is no SORTING in App Drawer :o after 4 years...
        If it's impossible to do - why do they even let ppl vote for this "idea" and waste their time checking this page :<

At least they can implement it for their Prime users.
        All these votes and still nothing...

After trying several launchers I purchased Nova Launcher Prime, because I liked it over Apex, Action, Go. I was really disappointed that I couldn't custom sort my apps in the App Drawer. I could still get a refund. This issue was reported over a year ago and still no custom sorting in the App Drawer. Perhaps I should give up and get a refund...

• IsaacIsaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I paid for the Prime version thinking that it have this feature. But it truly disappoint me when I noticed this feature was missing. And I totally don't understand after looking at so many people requested for this feature yet nobody from Nova team react to our request.

Are you not aware of our request or you simply don't want to include this feature ?
        Please tell us and don't leave us in frustration!!
        It just Yes or No !!

This feature was something i really wanted since the stock android launcher doesn't have this feature, it needs to be fixed, because it's the main reason people consider buying a different app drawer. So if you don't fix it I think you will miss a lot of potential buyers.

• OnurtagOnurtag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How hard can it even be? If its hard to do because they didnt plan the background for it you can just cheat by putting something like [##05##] behind the icons (meaning 5th icon in the current tab) and then hide it when you are showing the names.

It would be nice if nova launcher defs gave us an status update. I cant judge how difficult this is but as the started a year and a half ago that would be the least they could do

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes exactly @Aslanoo, Apex Launcher does already have this feature. If Apex can at least implement it so should Nova. I don't like how it's done on Apex though. The rearranging should be done in the app drawer while it is open. NOT in the Settings.

• AslanooAslanoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

guys buy apex launcher! has this feature and a lot more. Nova has nothing but it's name

• ZadZad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has 8,780 votes!!!!
        How come this haven't been done yet!!!!!!

:'(

• ZadZad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom sorting not being possible is the only reason keeping me from using the app as default

Hi guys! Beautifil launcher! But this request has 8,600+ votes since 2012 and there's still nothing?

It is a basic feature, Nova Launcher. Why would you contuine to refuse these thousands of requests. Stupid me, I thought this would be a obvious include in the latest uopdate. I paid for this launcher then I deleted it because of this reason. Must be ran by the government?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base