I suggest you ...

Option to add deep soft shadow under icons

It would be nice to add an option to create soft shadow behind the icons, like the one in Galaxy S III and MIUI launchers.
This would make icons look a lot better on transparent App drawer as well as very light wallpapers.

1,170 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3Dman3Dman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James McGregor-CoopeJames McGregor-Coope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is STILL extremely relevant. Nova needs to have this. This is not a style but a much needed visual aid, to help bring forward the icons.

• Don PeppleDon Pepple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These devs are crimals just like Hillary Clinton! If you could put shadow around icons you probably wouldnt buy their icon sets.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, please add this; I also use an icon pack that makes certain wallpapers unusable.

• Justin WithamJustin Witham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why has this still not been added? This is my only gripe with NL! Icon shadows definitely make a huge aesthetic difference.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is well on order. I use Who Icons pack which are completely white rendering light wallpapers useless. Please add!!!

• Ängri BertÄngri Bert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after years still no shadows...
        On Galaxy s6 now there are shadows (and with mods also on S5). And - hooray - a calendar Icon that shows the actual day and also a clock Icon with actual time on it.

On the other side, Touchwiz still have no Badge Notification for 3rd party apps like Whatsapp, Viber & Co, but nova do.

So - If you want to have all the features together, you just have to buy an iPhone.

What a shame...

• Alain DAlain D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't understand why there is no option for this in Nova... This is pretty basic, actually, and looks great.

• PerryPerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!
        touchwiz is much more esthetic with this feature. shame you don't have it yet

• kurtph1969kurtph1969 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this idea had not already been implemented! Touchwiz on my Galaxy S6 looks so much better than Nova but Nova has so many excellent features and more customisation. I really hope you take on board this suggestion. Thanks.

• HumbleHumble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add a shadow feature! It would make your launcher so much better!

• LakhiLakhi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give shadow behind the icons with customizations, after this NOVA would be the world's best launcher.....

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base