I suggest you ...

Search for app within app drawer

If I want to find an app to perform an action on it (like move it somewhere); In a very large list of apps, scrolling and checking each page is slow. If I don't know what tab or folder it is in, it's even slower - or near impossible without opening them all.

703 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KentKent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: search bar in drawer  ·   · 
    StefanStefan shared a merged idea: "Quick Search" box in the app drawer  ·   · 
    jamesjames shared a merged idea: a search button in app drawer, the only atom function i miss.  ·   · 

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WojtekWojtek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know it has been completed but instead of opening a new issue I would love to see some additional configuration to make search bar visible permanently on top of the drawer (maybe only on first page?). It's way more convenient to type app name instaead of scrlling back and forth but currently ammount of taps required to get there is bothersome (drawer -> dots -> search )

• Thomas RybakThomas Rybak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the implementation, but why nest it under the 3-dots menu when there's plenty of screen real estate on top bedsides the tabs?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazing but would it be possible to add the ability to long press to be shown or taken to the folder an app resides in? Sometimes I forget where I store apps and would like a reminder not always just direct access to run them.

But thanks for adding the feature!

• MacMac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please. totally miss this feauture. I owned a HTC phone before and they have a search in the drawer.

• lekoleko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, you must add this feature. I will not use and certainly not upgrade until you add the ability to search to the app drawer.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is NEEDED. With 350+ apps, 1 level of groups just doesn't cut it. Will be moving away from nova launcher indefinitely unless we can either have app search or groups nested within tabs.

• Mikael EngverMikael Engver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like this feature very much. In the meantime you can use the general search to find apps on the home screen. It can be added to all screens. The drawback is that it searches on other stuff like browser history, not just apps.

• EdaEda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this feature is missing. It even exists in LG's stock launcher...

• Deane BayasDeane Bayas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the search box there might be an option to either go to straight into the app or page and if you click that the app "dances" to catch your eye.

• SafeeSafee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this feature too. HTC DNA came stock with app drawer search and I miss it!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base