I suggest you ...

Enable separate home screen configuration for landscape orientation

I would like to be able to set separate home screen configurations for portrait and landscape modes, including separate wallpapers and icons for each orientation.

Here's why: I currently have my home screen themed based on this video: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQKjt1LGGT4&feature=plcp>, which basically means I have a wallpaper as the visible part of the UI and I have invisible group icons over the corresponding parts of the wallpaper, as well as several widgets. When the home screen rotates to landscape mode, it makes all my icons get rearranged in relation to the wallpaper (which gets cut off because it is in portrait format), which makes it difficult to interact with my home screen properly (since all of the icons on my home screen are invisible).

127 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the current lack of separation creates an inconsistent and poor user experience

• MarcelMarcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totaly agree. I have the calendar on my home screen and I don't see half of it in landscape mode (would like to hide the icons in landscape to have more room for the calendar).

• Dj GerenaDj Gerena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree. I have a widget that looks good as 2x2 when vertical but when turned horizontal, it gets squished and becomes unreadable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base