I suggest you ...

Individual Profiles - switchable work/home/outdoors.

Would it be at all possible to have individual profiles and be able to switch between 'profiles' for example with a home profile you have say TV guide widget, photo album widget, certain wallpaper etc and on the work profile you might have say Calendar Widget, Email widget, alternative wallpaper etc so basically it switches between two backups according to which profile is chosen.

305 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ParkerParker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David FieldsDavid Fields commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to have profiles, and Tasker integration as well. This would allow me to have a different layout of icons and screens for different situations. For example, when I'm in the car and have my phone docked, I would like to have only just a couple of icons, like just phone and music player, but them be larger in size to make it easier to press them.

Thanks.

• JPJP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow to customize home, away, work profile settings switches.

• Adam DeVuystAdam DeVuyst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple profiles is not a new idea, I remember on my old palm treo, with sbp mobile shell would swap profiles in thumb up thumb down from personal to business. I'm sure it'll be in an update.

• anna willoughbyanna willoughby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This! I want this! primarily for a Night Mode / Day Mode and School / Work / Home. Nothing too crazy, just the ability to quickly go into settings or use a gesture of some sort to be able to switch between configurations.

• Tom FagerlandTom Fagerland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a possible workaround to do this now. Using different backups you could switch between them. This would not be as simple as integrated support, but I think you could hack together a tiny bash script or something, and then call that in Tasker.

• J. PearsonJ. Pearson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya this is EXACTLY what I am looking for. All I want is for my hidden app selection to change depending on the contexts set in Tasker. All apps visible in drawer at home and no security lock (lockpad I built in tasker assigned to certain apps). Certain apps locked and/or hidden from drawer when away from home.en

• BaSingWolfBaSingWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an issue for me and would help a lot. The default launcher has a net top profile and a phone profile but nova dose not. So all my widgets get mucked up when using my dock with nova. Multi desktop profiles would fix the issue for me. :)

• ReedmeReedme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. While at work I want my work email widget, calendar and work evernote and Astrid widgets front and center. When I get home, I want a different config altogether. Music, photos, social app widgets, etc. I could use other profiles at other times. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to create, saving multiple launcher configs and then letting me easily select which one I want.

• Anthony BrunoAnthony Bruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be simply amazing! I want my fun widgets during the weekends and my work widgets during work hours.

• tomcat84tomcat84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this profile thing here ever happens, it would definately need Tasker support! (Change homescreen profile based on Tasker profiles)

• ParkerParker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know it's a separate idea and should be in a separate feature request post but integration with Tasker to set location/time would take it a little bit further.

Feedback and Knowledge Base