I suggest you ...

Show new homescreen upon event (like headphones connected)

This is a new feature from the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz (MotionWiz). When I connect my headphones a new homescreen appears which is a normal screen with own widgets (music player, FM radio, etc), but it is only available, when my headphones are connected.

Some other options: show a noew screen, when I dock my phone, or I connect to a specific WiFi network, etc. Maybe it could be compatible with Tasker/Local, but it is an extra option.

1,087 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Márk Sági-KazárMárk Sági-Kazár shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

good idea - I would love it for music playback

but also Bluetooth event should be added (I play music in my car through BT ... )

• Ron KatzirRon Katzir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have given it all of my votes. Done right, this has much more potential then the TouchWiz options.
        I would like to be able to use context such as location, Bluetooth connection and time for show/hide some of the screens.

• Nik TurnerNik Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss Page Buddy rather badly from the Note II, so having the feature in Nova would be very welcome.

• Lucas Abido FigueiroLucas Abido Figueiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe this could all be done if we could create shortcuts for restoring any of the backups created on Nova Launcher.
        This way we could change every single setting of Nova Launche with Tasker

• Lucas Abido FigueiroLucas Abido Figueiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be awesome if we could add screens, change default screen and change gestures using Tasker.
        Gestures changing would be perfect for making a Car Mode. Launching Music or other apps without looking at the screen!

• niFeniFe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To re enable or disable the music page go to settings>display>page buddy. There you can choose. Btw these features are so hidden they should have released a guide book :/

• LanceLance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add s-pen removed as a trigger as well (can't edit touchwiz "page buddy"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

idea is good..but i doubt whether it is a rom feature rather than a launcher one...

• Emiliano HeynsEmiliano Heyns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, an intent that allows changing the default home screen instead of just jumping to one.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this as well, my tweak to it would be to allow Tasker to integrate with this as the feature, not as optional.
        It seems pretty easy:
        http://tasker.dinglisch.net/developers.html

Home Screen Intent

Tasker's Go Home action can specify the page of the home screen which should be shown. To support this action, a home screen need only accept the extra

net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.HOME_PAGE
        with the launch intent, the value being an integer from 1 to 20.

Tasker ContentProvider

Feedback and Knowledge Base