I suggest you ...

Separate portrait and landscape grid sizes for the home screen as already available for the drawer

The Drawer App Grid has settings for both landscape and Portrait, but the Desktop only offers a single grid size, resulting in a distorted layout on any rectangular display when rotated. This is both inconvenient and inconsistent.

1,079 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter SchmidtPeter Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1000 Votes, nothing ever happened here. I'm a first time Tablet owner now and liked the Nova Launcher so far, but this ruins it completely for me. If i have a cool Portrait setting, on landscape everything is mini tiny small. I might uninstall it now, it's useless for Tablet owner.

• MarcioMarcio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have noted, only enabling different grid sizes would create a strange situation, where icons for example would dissappear when rotating. The perfect solution is to have an option to have different layouts for portrait and landscape. Without that, tablet experience with Nova is not satisfactory.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Landscape looks terrible on my Nexus 7 2013. Apps in rows are spaced too far apart, and apps in columns are too close on the desktop.

• AlbertoAlberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant understand how good the launcher is and this feature isnt included! Its basic!

• LouLou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nexus 6p, If I set a row of 4 and column of 6 it looks retarded in landscape!

• Peter ChapmanPeter Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Landscape looks horrible on an S6 (well, the icons are OK, but the widgets are all screwed up).

I think that a second or third row of icons on the dock would make the rotating area more square and therefore less ugly, but that's not going to work for everyone.

• LukasLukas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got a tablet and installed my premium nova launcher that i bought for my phone. I'm very disappointed that there is no feature for this. My home screen looks like shit now. I'm seriously considering to switch to another launcher just because of this.

Kevin is kibda right. You can't just implement different grid sizes for two orientations and leave it at that. Apex does that and it indeed creates a hortible experience. We need totally different icon and widget setups for landscape, like two different profiles.

Landscape more is largely ignored by most launchers these days. If I remember correctly Nova once had great landscape mode support, with rotating dock and it was the only launcher that could go tablet mode with all Honeycomb specific assets. Current landscape mode sucks. All widgets get distorted, the new genie widget loses its upper margin, there is no margin for top and bottom in vertical mode, and while everything is cramped vertically, horizontal gaps are ridiculously large. It looks horrible.

• ClaudioClaudio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really do need separate portrait/landscape grid size AND the possibility to have separate desktop layouts depending on orientation (toggle as an option). Would make Nova (already the best launcher) even better.

• MosoMoso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use my phone primarily in portrait but it's also my radio when in the car where it is landscape. I have to launch my music app or navigation before docking because in landscape my custom home screen is useless. Really need to see this feature added.

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature because in it's current state it's pretty useless.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base