I suggest you ...

Add an option for vertical Home screen scrolling

The Android home screen experience is all about swiping right and left. Now HTC introduced a vertical home screen news feed and I was wondering if there's something that could be done to imitate this on NOVA.

2,166 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sam Abdel HamidSam Abdel Hamid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BlinkyBlinky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature on the Oneplus 3 (called shelf) is currently the only thing stopping me from going back to Nova Launcher.

The shelf on this Oneplus 3 is the first vertical scrolling home screen I've encountered. I dunno about the blinkfeed in HTCs.. But if it is comparable to the Shelf in Oneplus phones then I say let's implement it!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this - it will also enable usage of KLWP's "new" vertical scrolling feature which currently does not work with Nova Launcher because of this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just left them an email about this idea, and they sound all hopeful and said I should post the idea on here. Told them the ideas been on there for 3 years. Apparently they don't look at this stuff lol bummer =( be surprised if it ever happens. Meanwhile, arrow launcher will do for me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur with this. I'd like to have all of my widgets and whatnot with a continuous scroll (continous meaning it's all one page that flows like a web browser, as opposed to a multi-page basis like a PDF document.)

• Benjamin KellnerBenjamin Kellner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if this were a per screen option so we can enable vertical scrolling on the far left screen only (a la Google Now) and fill it with widgets and such.

• Oleg AfoninOleg Afonin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this one. In addition, vertical swipe gestures should be changed to horizontal swipe gestures (e.g. a swipe right or left would summon app drawer - as in Windows Phone launcher for example). In addition, the app drawer could be "pulled" from left or right edge - as in Windows Phone or as in SF Launcher 2.

• Mitchell GilMitchell Gil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great because one could add widgets to create a custom feed page that could rival that provided by Google Now (with their launcher integration), and provide a viable alternative to blinkfeed for non HTC users.

• brucebruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be great. Just to add some flavor if this is possible. when swiping down hide the dock, when swipe app show it again like in google+ FAB

• ziggoosziggoos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some users force elect to duty the plenary veneer of the route wad as a rodent hand, plus refrain having the skill to parchment. You can disarm standing scrolling by turning this mark away in the route cushion properties.
        http://www.sponsorshipletter.info/

Feedback and Knowledge Base