I suggest you ...

MIUI / iOS7 folder style

I would love an option to make the folders pop up like in MIUI (similar to iOS7 now) and blur the background. Have a look at the right image here to see what I mean:
http://images.cyberimg.com/android/2013/04/14/image_1366006407923.jpg
or this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXM7QmgM7yc

845 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    HerjarHerjar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hùng VõHùng Võ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be perfect launcher for me if they added these features, i have Nova prime but i will not come back until the dev adds more options to customize folder style.

• Martin KinčlMartin Kinčl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to get inspiration from Hola launcher - It allows dragging the content of the folder down to easily reach the top icons. The folders are the main reason why I'm still using it.

• YakamecrireYakamecrire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Solo launcher offers this option, and I think I will switch to solo if nova launcher does not offer this option soon.

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great effect. Both the MIUI, that the latest version of Trebuchet use this effect. Nova Launcher is the best alternative launcher, then it must have ;)

• Scott SquibblesScott Squibbles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My lock screen does this and much more! It is a very close replica of the Lollipop Lock Screen!! It would be nice if Nova Launcher did the same!!! Please take the suggestion into high consideration!!!!

• Johan FernoldJohan Fernold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And with the ability to change the number of apps visible in the preview, like 3x3 for iOS/Miui style, but I know there is a separate request for that.

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The open folder transition is very unpolished in Nova Launcher. GO Launcher does a much better job, which is similar to the JPG in the above idea. Nova does so many things better than GO, but this is just not one of them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base