I suggest you ...

i would like to see a Cloud option. "Backup/Restore NOVA Settings to/from your Dropbox/Google Drive Account".

i would like to see a Cloud option. "Backup/Restore NOVA Settings to/from your Dropbox/Google Drive Account".

1,144 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JohnJohn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Guillaume BardonGuillaume Bardon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be very useful to be able to continuously backup without thinking about it :)
        Auto-backup or Sync with google drive or dropbox should be a must with all settings based apps!
        The fact that you can do it manually is already great, but if you get your phone stolen, you have no time to backup before the thief takes it :)
        Thanks for considering!!

• Andrew RentschlerAndrew Rentschler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can be done when you hit backup share it when your share options come up click Dropbox or drive and it will save it to your cloud. Then when you want to restore download the file to your internal storage and search using nova for the backup. Easy

• Ben LeeBen Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must, ideally via the official backup api, though that may cause issues with different device setups of course. So a dropbox/drive option may be better for keeping different setups for different devices.

• Matthew BrownMatthew Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this too, especially because Nova doesn't allow saving directly to external SD card. The only option I get under backup is "device storage". So it's either not recognizing SD card (system does recognize it) or it won't allow saving to it. So I have to save to device, then go to file manager and manually move it. Annoying. Same with Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. I have to save then manually move/sync backup to cloud. Should be able to do this automatically from within Nova.

• Richard OlivasRichard Olivas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this, as I recently broke my phone and lost my Nova backup because I could no longer access internal memory.

Feedback and Knowledge Base