I suggest you ...

Add swipe to the left for Google Now (Kit kat feature)

In Kit kat, the user is able to swipe to the far left to bring up Google Now. It would be great if this new feature could be added to nova.

2,609 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Henley BaileyHenley Bailey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaiDai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with those who want the "swipe to Google Now" feature on Nova. I love Nova, and so far that's the only feature I'm missing from it. Adding the Google Now widget just doesn't give me the same experience as the native Google Now page.

• Wrexes “insaneTurnip” FizzWrexes “insaneTurnip” Fizz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a nice thing to have it. I thought about it many times already.
        Also for those who call us "morons" for wanting this feature and saying it's "IMPOSSIBLE". Who said we wanted the original-extracted-code-from-now-launcher version? A good copy would be nice, even better if customizable in some ways Nova could likely offer!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Already able to be done by adding the Google now widget to whichever page u choose. Works flawlessly. Only issue is the layout of the info within the widget, but these a minor thing, and a Google widget issue

• Denilson SáDenilson Sá commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For people wanting this feature… A workaround is to add a Google Now widget to one of the home screens.

Also, I believe it is impossible to have a tighter integration without actual access to Google Now source-code; so I don't think this feature request is feasible.

I would like this feature, but with the option to make it any page I want to the left, not necessarily the first page to the left of home.

• Tony VasquezTony Vasquez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a question on the new "Google Now" feature. If I own a new Droid or Moto X and it of course comes with this feature, how is checking the box in Nova settings going to affect the OEM feature? And since it still works with box not checked, should I leave it unchecked?
        Question 3, If this box is checked in Nova settings will it use more battery life?

• subhanisubhani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The beta has the OK GOOGLE hotword detection and it works awesome..

I would HATE the swipe to left to bring up Google now. It is so inconsistent.

The S5 has the 'OK Google' always listening voice command, so not reason why it can't come into a launcher.

• Lucas FrigoLucas Frigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alongside with this swipe for Google Now, It would also be nice to have the 'Ok Google' feature on the home screen.

• Daniel HakimiDaniel Hakimi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make swipes left and right customizable, instead of using them to switch between home screens. I only have one, I want two more good gestures.

• Gideon BielakGideon Bielak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Left swipe should bring up a device search (App contacts music) and have list of recently used apps.... Like the new Inspire Launcher..... If they can do it so can Nova.... U r still the best but could be better

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base