I suggest you ...

Add swipe to the left for Google Now (Kit kat feature)

In Kit kat, the user is able to swipe to the far left to bring up Google Now. It would be great if this new feature could be added to nova.

3,837 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Henley BaileyHenley Bailey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AngelaAngela shared a merged idea: Add swipe from left to right for Google Now (Like in the Google Now Launcher)  ·   · 

72 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its the only thing holding me back from setting this launcher as default I need those google now cards, I heard officially google is opening it up soon for third party apps

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Unfortunately, Google have blocked access to the swipe left for Google Now action for all third party launcher apps at this time."

Cyanogen 's Trebuchet launcher is able to do this.

• Michael RákMichael Rák commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if it was suggested to Google to make another widget with the same functionality of that pane so you can add it to other launchers, all they would need to do is make it realizable to fit various screens, also it would be nice being realizable so you could put something else with it.

• JustinJustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who do we yell at, at Google, to request that they open up this functionality?

• William SteeleWilliam Steele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be an option, when on 1st home screen (with infinite scrolling home screens off). I have seen this on other launchers. The only stipulation is, you have to ptess the back button to exit, no swiping to the left to get back to the home screen.

• promit ghoshpromit ghosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My God yes this. It's the only holding me back from unquestionably recommending Nova launcher to anyone who comes my way looking for a change to their Android device.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, please also make it like the google now launcher so the status bar is transparent with tinting when in the google now screen.

• Ryan JacobsRyan Jacobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, if you can't let us know why. You guys have the best launcher around

• Shashank KumarShashank Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Damn. Nova, you guys missed the opportunity to be the first to integrate this uber-popular feature of Google Now launcher. Klinker Apps's Blur launcher has added this feature + released API for devs to integrate their own cards and/or pages to the homescreen. Sounds sweet!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also love swipe left for google now. Very happy with everything else in nova prime

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base