I suggest you ...

Make Nova ART Runtime compatible

Nova crash if ART Runtime is used, can you make it ART compatible?

110 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FactoryScootsFactoryScoots shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  KevinAdminKevin (Admin, Nova Launcher) responded  · 

I’m not aware of any issues using ART, however as Google has not finished ART yet. Nova is tested against the L developer preview, which is fully ART, and if there are any ART related issues after L final is shipped they will be fixed.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nope. Completely compatible with ART. I've been running it for months on ART with a Nexus 5

Didn't have it crash. If it does for you, uninstall/reinstall. And if it isn't ART capable, it will be when Android L is launched.

• RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been using ART with Nova for a while, no crash for me either (on a Moto X)

Never crashed for me ... running both standard and beta version and also prime on multiple devices with art haven't notice any crashes ..

• Johnny McGJohnny McG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im posting this using art and I've yet to have nova launcher crash I'm sure its another app causing the problem

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Never had Nova crash with ART on Galaxy Nexus, used as daily driver for last year with ART and many different 4.4.2 custom roms (aosp, cm, omni, slim) perhaps ART is more/less stable on some phone models?

Feedback and Knowledge Base