I suggest you ...

Fix pin action note for Note 4

Nova breaks the ability to "pin" action notes to the home screen like you can with TW on the Note 4. Nova actually completely removes the pin icon from the action note. This is a huge deal and may force many Note 4 users to stop using Nova if it isn't corrected

228 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems as if this problem has kept quite a few people from using nova. I have had my note 4 for over 2 years now and as many can attest, this problem still hasn't been fixed! To my knowledge Samsung will not release the necessary info to nova so that they can fix it. I really wish nova even after all these years would fix a way to finally fix this problem!

• ugo foscolougo foscolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wish this was alredy fixed ....i have a note mostly because of the pen and the note memo and the possibility to pin a note to the screen as it was an app it was amazing please nova fic this as soon as possible

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought it 3 days ago. Have a Note 4 and Note 5 and Action Memo is the number one!!!! feature Note users USE on a daily basis!!!. Make it WORK ! ffs!

• Konstantinos DaglaroglouKonstantinos Daglaroglou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After four years of Nova Launcher use, I am seriously considering leaving. Note 4 is all about its S-Pen and its functions and if I can't have one of those functions, I prefer to leave Nova. Minus one star from me.

This keeps me and many many more from using Nova. There is no true work-around. Action memo is the number one feature Note users employ on a daily basis.
        Sadly, we are chained to the default launcher in order to drop notes on the desktop. It's like sticky notes that are around my monitor, but I can see directly from the home screen. Make it a feature of Prime. We'd gladly buy into it.

• tBtB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can pin an action note to the desktop, i just did it. Once you finish a note in the menu you select add to homescreen. done. Tho, oddly it did add it to a newly automatically created additional homescreen because I have my desktop locked, maybe? I think that may be it. Anyways, enjoy!

• PatMosbyPatMosby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news about solving this problem?
        This is the only thing that's keeping me from using Nova on my note 4

• Zoltan SebekZoltan Sebek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree with the previous comments regarding this issue. Please fix this problem for us note users.

• nonrealitynonreality commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apex is the same way, tried both. A kind of work around you can put the s-pen widget on a home page and resize it a bit and it's a simple click away and if it's something like a name or number you can read it without opening. Not perfect but I like Nova too much.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really miss using Nova Launcher Prime. But for my work, the pin option was one of the main reasons i upgradet from Samsung S5 to the note 4. But becurs of the pin option dont wont with Nove, I have to keep using TZ.

PLZ let Nove get the pin otion

• rooproop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree, i was quite upset that this function doesnt work. having the pin function could have saved me in so many occasions

• Jason SteinmanJason Steinman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I almost think this highly useful feature is only available in touch wiz. I have used several custom launchers, and none of them supported this feature. I really liked this feature too.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please.......fix this. I feel that while there may be many other great request in the feedback section this is among the most ESSENTIAL request simply because of the fact that it should work and we need it to. Please take care this.

Same thing happened to me. This is really unfortunate because I loved that feature on my note 4 and it is now gone. I may need to uninstall Novalauncher Prime even though I otherwise really enjoy it (I enjoy the pin feature more).

Feedback and Knowledge Base