I suggest you ...

Expand quick settings in Android 5.0 Lollipop

In Lollipop the "Expand quick settings" functionality under "Gestures and Buttons" no longer seems to work. This should be equivalent to the double swipe down in stock Android, could you please reinstate it? THanks

488 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • firewirefirewire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem as you guys, except it wasn't Lollipop or Marshmallow that screwed mine up. My S3 is still on KitKat (4.4.2).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with a Moto G3 undr Marshmallow and the expand quick settings gesture works but is slow as hell...Is there a workaround yet?
        Thx

• rob stroulrob stroul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

go to Donte commented its, This is the right solution

"Go to setting, under DEVICE go to accessibilty, scroll down to services, enable nova launcher"

• PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not an issue with Expand Notifications as a lot of folks have mentioned. Is is about the inability of Nova to expand Quick Settings

Just upgraded to 6.0: it works, but the animation to show the quick settings now is as slow as a melting marshmallow. Any chance to remove this animation? (or make/use a setting to remove it?)

• LarryBLarryB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, I resolved the problem, or it just went away. Here's what I did:

Without installing any nova updates, I went to Nova Settings->gestures and re-selected (it was already the default) "Expand notifications" for the 1 finger "Swipe down" gesture. Why that should have mattered, I have no idea.

• LarryBLarryB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

None of the suggestions here worked for me:

1. When I go to Settings->Accessibility->Services and try to enable Nova Launcher, the 'OK' button in the confirmation popup is disabled. You can only press 'Cancel'.

2. When I go to Nova settings and check for updates, then select the 'beta' radio button, nothing happens.

This sux :-) May have to go back to Touch Whiz until Nova gets this sorted.

My setup:

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
        Android 5.0 G900VVRU1B0C4
        Nova Launcher Prime 4.0

• DonteDonte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go to setting, under DEVICE go to accessibilty, scroll down to services, enable nova launcher

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on team, let's get this done. This is one of the main reasons I bought this app.

has this been sorted in the stable nova yet? the beta is buggy as hell, would love to get rid of the beta version

• Nippun AggarwalNippun Aggarwal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SOLUTION : If you have nova launcher prime. Go to Nova settings -> under Nova check for updates -> on the top right corner three dots will appear -> tap on beta and update..
        After installing the full update.. enable the gesture setting for pulling down the notification and follow the steps for activating services under accessibility...

Hope its works.. :)

• borysborys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just upgraded to lolipop yesterday on note3 and noticed that this one of most usefull features for me doesn t work. Guys, it is already 14th april. Is it ever going to be fixed? Or is it lolipop design thing and there s no hope?

• George VamosGeorge Vamos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using this on my device for almost 2 years. I got the lollipop notification today and didn't think that I would lose any functionality. Does anybody know if this has been acknowledged by the developer? This is occurring on my Note 3.

• CrowsCrows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this feature back ASAP! I have the S4 and i miss it like warm sunny days!

• Colton StackmanColton Stackman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still am experiencing this bug. Such a shame they have not created a fix yet. I paid specifically to get this feature and now I don't even have it.

• Dustin McClureDustin McClure commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same, this is one of the features that's kept me on Android, using phones with big screens and away from iPhone 6 Plus! Ha Ha

• ChungNTChungNT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot expand Notification with gesture.
        The only reason I bought Nova Prime was so that I don't have to reach all the way to top of screen to pull down notification.
        Please fix.

• davedave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep same issue on Note 3 can't expand quick settings or notification bar.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base