I suggest you ...

Dark app background

Allow Prime member to setthe hideous white background in v4 to a dark color, really stark white background come on !!!

642 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FuzzyFuzzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I want is a dark background. Installed Nova Launcher and there is no dark background in settings menu. WHY NOT!!!?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a need for power aware AMOLED user.... I have black theme, plain black background... nice and dark for no blinding at night, and less power usage.

• Austin KilgoreAustin Kilgore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an option at least to change it to the official material ui dark theme. When I say material ui dark theme I don't mean pitch black I mean the kind you see in apps like: simple explorer, monospace, vlc, Google keyboard. ect...

• SpineDoc 777SpineDoc 777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider a dark theme. Blinding white on white is not a good option for viewing the screen at night or in the dark, just ask my wife.

• 73oled73oled commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prime user here and I'm staying on older 3.3 until the white background is reversed too !!

Please add the option developer team ))

• MM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prime user - uninstalled update so I could keep dark backgrounds - I do not like the white it is too bright! I wish Google products allowed for dark themes.

• ShaneShane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give up a dark background for the settings. I have been on Prime for years and I really prefer a dark background for the settings. The white is blinding! Other than that, I have zero problems with Nova and never use anything else.

• Elon GatesElon Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not a fan of this all white style either but some are (apparently a lot). Some choice would be nice.

• AntóinAntóin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the white theme :-)
        So providing users with the option to choose a light or dark theme would be best.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the ability to make the search panel in the app drawer dark as well. The icons I use are barely visible in it.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only thing keeping me on 3.3 is the dark theme. I'd additionally ask for not just dark but black theme for my AMOLED screen.

• Aaron Ziio BandyAaron Ziio Bandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm stuck using the older version because the new white pop-up menus are the only white background on my phone and it's quite ugly. Prime members should be able to choose the color of the background and text in the app and menu screens.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or an option to switch to old theme. I don't like this flat design, unfortunately, all developers are doing it now that Google launched the idea

Feedback and Knowledge Base